Thursday, June 28, 2012

The phone is ringing

So my cell phone rang yesterday.  If you know me very well you know that I most often do not have my cell phone near me.  It's usually in my purse.  So I vaguely hear it ringing.  I try to hurry and get to it but wasn't fast enough.  So as I look at the number it was like everything went into slow motion....except my heart and I thought it might beat on out of my chest. I saw it was our agency.  I couldn't call back fast enough.  So this is what it felt like....
If you have ever taken a pregnancy test you know those moments it takes for it to "process" really seem to take FOREVER before you can see the results.  That is exactly how I felt from the time I dialed the number until after our initial "hi, how are you?" part of the conversation was over.  I soon found out that it was a negative...she was calling to check in on us.  I REALLY do love that they do that and am so grateful for each of these women.  If I'm completely honest though I will tell you I was a little sad.  I hope everytime the phone rings it could be that call. 
Thank you to continue to pray that we wait well!  I continue to rest in knowing His time is perfect.  We have learned so much during this time and give Him glory for the things He has done!

1 comment:

  1. I"m so sorry, Annette. I know exactly how you feel and the anticipation is sooooo very hard. Praying for you and your's while you wait. Waiting is so hard. I hope your baby comes soon. I hope you are holding her very very soon.

    ReplyDelete